Monday, May 23, 2016


Sometimes I plan a project and think I have a real clear idea how it will go, then something happens.

Recently I did a Back Basting Needleturn Applique piece.  Pretty straightforward.  It was a basket with a couple flowers and a heart.

The first step is to trace the design on the wrong side of the foundation fabric.  I wish I had a picture to show you, but maybe I can explain it.  I laid my background fabric onto the light box and thought I had lined up my basket to fit diagonally from corner to opposite corner.  So I guess the fabric slipped or I moved the pattern.  Nevertheless, my drawing was not on a true diagonal.  It was a little skewed to one side.  

When it came time to square it up and add the finishing touches, there were some gaps along two corners.  Uh-oh!  So I had to get creative!

I simply decided to start adding borders and working to get it square.  I was really pleased with how it turned out.  You will note that the corners are not alike.

It is square but it gives an illusion of being a little off center.  I was able to take a very traditional pattern and turn it into a modern version.  
I faced the piece instead of adding a binding.  I am a happy camper!


Monday, May 16, 2016


This year I would like to do better at posting my finishes.  Below are a few things I finished in the First Quarter of the Year.  Let's see if I can do better with all of this.

Made a new cover for my daughter's vanity stool

A really nice lap quilt size
Snowflake QAL
Faith, Hope, Love Angels


Needle Case made from selvages

Needle Cases for Retreat Guests

Modern Mini Swap
Mug Rug for my Modern Mini Swap