http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Friday, March 27, 2015

MARCH WORK

My first finish for March was this little wristlet pouch.  It was fun to make.  I am making several of these with variations.




I tried adding tabs to my zipper pull for this one.  I think it should have been quilted.  



I also made this little pillow.  I simply made the little pillow cover with no zipper or opening to stuff left over bits of batting into.  It turned our really cute.  
More blocks from Vintage Quilt Revival.  


Our first National Quilting Day celebration called STITCH IN THE MALL took place on March 21st.  We had so much fun with quilters coming from all around the region to sew, chat, and sign up for great prizes including a donation for an opportunity to win a beautiful lap quilt to benefit THE NEXT DOOR, a non-profit organization whose mission to help women in crisis.


Quilters signing up for door prizes.
Clothesline Quilt Show

 Quilters demonstrating projects and techniques.
 More quilts on display.
Meeting new folks.

The winner of the Opportunity quilt was Melissa Dumas.




I had a fantastic committee of women who worked with me for this event.
From left to right:  Carol Hooper, Suzan Dodd, Pam McCallie, Sandi Suggs, Linda Meck, and Sandy Rathjen.

Now I will get back to sewing and preparing for the April Retreat.  Until next month . . .

-sandi



No comments:

Post a Comment