http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Saturday, February 28, 2015

FEBRUARY RECAP

This month has been very busy and I have finished a lot of WIPs.  The first thing I finished was a piece that I originally called Farmer's Market, but I have renamed it "Which Way Is Up?" because of the change in the setting pattern.


I still have not quilted it.  There are about eight projects in a stack to be quilted.

Another project that I have been working on about 3 years is this Hexagon Table Topper.



I hand pieced all of the hexagons, but decided to machine quilt it because it will be laundered often.
Channel quilting was very easy to do.



Another hexie project that I finished was this little wall hanging made from a tea towel.
I put the hanging sleeve on the front of this project.
I have not done this before but it was a great way to finish the project so I am giving it a try.



My Art Quilt Guild has been watching YouTube videos on various techniques.  In January we had three to choose from and the one I chose was Jane Davies video on Fusion Fabric.  I made a small sketch piece using tissue, fabric, ribbon and embellishments to make my Fusion Fabric.

Another February project was a sketch piece for Modern Quilt Guild.  Using Half-square triangles and Quarter-Square triangles to make an original piece.  I chose Kona Ash Grey and Supreme Cottons Paloma Grey.  I then threw in some Kona Azure.

I showed you a pile of leftover "strings" of fabric a couple months ago  that I started knitting.



The knitting piece is finished.  I will block it and then decide how to use it.  I have a couple ideas.  Maybe next month will see the finished project.

Another ongoing BOM project from Vintage Quilt Revival book includes a few more blocks I made this month.

Some of these work better than others.  May have to do something about those two blocks with the bright yellow and green.

And, of course, we had our first really deep snow for southeast Tennessee.  About 8 inches for us on our porch and LilBit's first trip into snow.



-sandi



No comments:

Post a Comment