http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Sunday, February 1, 2015

WHICH WAY IS UP?

I started this quilt sometime in 2011 and posted about it here in 2012.  http://frogpondstudio.blogspot.com/2012/10/wip-4-farmers-market.html

I called it Farmer's Market because I had a photo of an outdoor veggie/fruit stand that inspired me to choose these colors.  The block I am using here is called "Lady of the Lake", an old favorite.

I finally gave up on making 81 blocks for a bed size quilt and rearranged my thinking and came up with this.


 By adding the solid blocks here and there, I developed some arrows.  I changed the name to "Which Way Is Up" because you can turn it any direction and still have an interesting quilt piece.



I love the secondary pattern that evolves with the circles.
I am so happy to get the top done that I could not wait until I had it quilted to post this.  
The backing is ready and I hope I can get it quilted in the next couple weeks.



-sandi






1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love surprises when you quilt? Love the bright colors! Laura

    ReplyDelete