http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

UFO FINISHED

I always have more plans for Holiday gift giving than I ever get finished.  This year was no different.  I had planned to have these Wall Hangings done for Christmas 2015.  Did not happen.

They are now finished and I will pass them on to the lucky(?) recipient by Christmas 2016 so they may be used in the Holiday festivities.

I fell in love with this pattern when a friend of mine shared it with me.  I decided that it would be gorgeous done in Batiks.  Making three separate pieces seemed to be a better plan than making one large piece.  I thought this allowed the pieces to be displayed in more ways.

This is raw-edge applique with organic straight line quilting.  These are very contemporary pieces and I decided less was more.





           FAITH is actually done in purple, the color of power

HOPE is done in green, the color of abundance

LOVE is done in red, the color of strength

HOPE, LOVE, FAITH

Pattern by J. Michelle Watts


-sandi

4 comments:

  1. I keep admiring these special and unique pieces. What size are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful, Sandi! Is there a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle, The pattern is called Love...Hope...Faith by J. Michelle Watts.

      Delete