http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Monday, February 1, 2016

GYPSY ALONG 2016

Gypsy Wife by Jen Kingwell is a very interesting quilt pattern. A friend of mine was working on hers at a Retreat.  I could hardly wait to get my copy.  Well, that was several months ago and I am just now getting started.


After I opened the pattern, I realized this would take some reading ahead to figure out just exactly what was going on.  I put the pattern aside.

Just recently, Hydeeann of Splish, Splash, Stash and www.hydeeannsews.blogspot.com posted that she would be leading a quilt along using Jen Kingwell's pattern, Gypsy Wife.

 I am joining with Hydeeann and doing this as a monthly quilt along.

I plan to work from my stash and use up all I can from my Freebird by MoMo and Juggling Summer by Brigitte Heitland leftovers as well as other miscellany that would go with this palette.  

I am choosing to use Kona Bone for my background.  I think this will calm the pattern some and give a cohesiveness to the design.

So, let's go with these fabrics:

Next up, start cutting!

                                                       -sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment