http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Thursday, October 10, 2013

TILLY TOURIST IS CRUISIN'

It was an absolutely beautiful day to be out on the Tennessee River and I headed down to take the lunch cruise on the Southern Belle Riverboat.


 

I picked up my ticket.
 












I boarded with the other passengers and found my table.  Then I started taking pictures

I thought this was a cool shot from inside the cabin.  Sorry about that lady's head.  :-)
 
I never grow tired of seeing this view of the river with the bridges and the boats and the shoreline.
 
And Lookout Mountain in the distance.
 
The Hunter Museum of American Art on the Bluff.
 
Delta Queen Steamboat is docked on our river shore.  She has not been seaworthy for a few years now.  She serves as a hotel.
 
Our world class Tennessee Aquarium and the seven fountains in tribute to the Native Americans on the Trail of Tears.  The steps that are wonderful for sitting on and enjoying the scenery.

This could go on and on, but I will stop here and show you a quilt that I made that is my tribute to the town where I have gown up.


This is a Row by Row quilt called "Dreaming of Home".

The bottom row is the native flowers; the next row up represents the river with the fish; up another row is my little cottage with trees of our four seasons.  Next to the top row is representation of the mountains and the birds and fowl; and the top row is the beautiful sky with the sun just like we had today on the River.

Hope you have enjoyed cruisin' with me today!  It is obvious it doesn't take much to entertain me.  I just enjoy hearing history and tidbits of information about my town.

                             -sandi

 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Fun sight-seeing with you today, Sandi. Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Gayle. Glad you like my quilt.

    ReplyDelete