http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Sunday, February 16, 2014

WEEKLY UPDATE

This has been a very busy week.  We have had a day or two of snow and that always creates a great deal of excitement since snowfall is not routine for us in southeast Tennessee.  Well, at least a lot of snow isn't.  We had about 8 inches this time.





I become more energetic in the sewing room when it snows.  It is like a "free hall pass" to do all the sewing I can possibly cram in.

I made three more of my low volume improv blocks.  They are pieced but not quilted yet.  This makes six of the nine needed for my guest room bed.  I wanted to complete four of these blocks according to my Proposal blog.  I still have a week and a half to go.



This week I will concentrate on getting them quilted.
 
This is  a new improv piece using batiks.  This is part of my Tree Series  quilts.  It is not an optical illusion, the blocks are off center of each other!  On purpose!!

This is the third piece of quilting that I worked on.  This is my kaleidoscope and it is quilted and part of the binding is finished.  This is a completion from my Proposal Blog post.

The Pineapple Block workshop has been postponed due to bad weather.  May not get it in during February.

One other thing I worked on this week was my scarf using the Cascade Pluscious yarn from my friend, Laura Valdez.  I am loving it.  This is about one-fourth the finished length. 




And, of course, no post is complete without LilBit.  She nagged Papa all morning to hold her up so she could see out the window to watch the children sledding on the hill behind our house.


I already have two new designs sketched in my notebook and I must get started on a T-shirt quilt for my grandson!!  Lots to do.


                                                  -sandi








 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment