http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

NO JOKE

What a fun day I had on April Fool's Day!!!  It was no joke!

I set up my sewing machine for a fun day of sewing with my friends.  We gather about once a month and have a sew-day.
As you can see on my sewing machine, I have two sets of batik blocks and some clam shell blocks to work on.

Another project I had to work on was the Twister quilt pattern.

I had put these Layer Cake blocks together and was waiting to get my borders on.  Today, I did get the borders cut, but, alas, I did not get them sewn on.  LilBit is guarding my project for me in case some quilty gremlin should come by!

I did get all of Step 5 of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt, Easy Street, completed.  This is taking me a long time to complete because I am using it for Leaders/Enders for other projects.


All of those little triangles will go into my scrap bin for upcoming Improv Blocks.

The other Batik project is called "Starry, Starry Night' and is a BOM from a neat quilt shop called Quilting Dreams..
We have been collecting the blocks this year but today is the first time I have had a chance to start working on mine.
Here is block one all ready to sew.


I did get a few more clam shells sewn, but I did not get a picture yet. 

As you can see, I still cannot force myself to work on only one project at a time.  All of a sudden, I will have several projects completed at the same time.  That is just how I roll!!

What a great kick off for April!!  I expect there to be some completions this month of projects that I have mentioned in previous blogs.

Go enjoy some beautiful weather and sunshine!!!

                                             -sandi



 

No comments:

Post a Comment