http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

DOINGS IN JULY

It has been a while since I have posted.  

July was indeed a very busy month for me.  I worked on lots of projects and completed a few.

Chattanooga is a host city for AQS Quiltweek September 10-13, 2014.  I have had the pleasure of working on many of the venues throughout the city where quilts will be showcased during this event.  I will be posting more about AQS Quiltweek in a few weeks.
I spent time putting sleeves on five quilts to be hung as part of an exhibit at our local mall.
I also had two quilts accepted for the BAQS exhibit.  One of the quilts will be shown in Chattanooga and the other one in Des Moines. Both of these had to be prepped and mailed.
I will show pictures of these quilts later after they are in place.

I was able to finish the top for my Pineapple Blocks quilt.
This quilt is now ready for quilting on my domestic sewing machine.  Maybe next month???

Some other projects that I have ready to quilt:


A fun project from a SewIn at Chattanooga Modern Quilt Guild:


And I read a good little book in some of my spare time.


August is in full swing now and I have been busy with so much paperwork and preparations for our AQS Show that I have not spent a lot of time sewing.


-sandi

















































3 comments:

  1. I also read Emilie Richards' book and enjoyed it so much I reread a couple of her previous books. Thank you for sharing books as well as quilts! All of which are lovely ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Sandi- I love the pineapple and the Mod ones. C U soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Reena. Looking forward to,seeing you.

    ReplyDelete