http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Sunday, January 25, 2015

BRIGHT AND CHEERY

The last few days have been rainy and dreary.  I am not a big fan of dreary Tennessee winter weather.  It was so nice to be working on something that was bright and fun.

Texas Two Step is the modern version of Courthouse Steps.  This is done in Kona Solids and I used my fun Serpentine style quilting on my domestic sewing machine.  Love my Bernina!!

I started this project at the Girlfriend Retreat that I blogged about on December 21, 2014.  It has been sitting waiting for me to quilt it for a while.

Texas Two Step is designed by Jean Ann Wright for Cut Loose Press.  It uses Creative Grids Curvy Log Cabin Tool for the blocks.

The pattern includes a border.  I have chosen to omit the border.
I am making lots of pieces in this size (40ish by 36ish) to display over my mantle.

Since I have been quilting for many years, it is rare that I need to make a large bed-size quilt anymore.  I still want to try different patterns and making them small like this serves both purposes.


Sorry this picture is a little blurry.



This one is still blurry, but it does show the quilting a little more.

Maybe it is time for a new camera???


                                             -sandi

4 comments:

  1. Wow very pretty and I agree we needed something bright and cheerful to gander at....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mu hubby said it is a "Wow". I think that sums it up. It turned out better than I expected. Thanks, Sharon!

      Delete