http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 MEANS . . .

2015 means that I have a new slate to write on with my plans for the year.  I don't make resolutions, but I am trying to get some direction to the clutter and chaos in my studio and in my home.

I want to take a look at events I am involved with this year.  The first will be "Stitchin' In The Mall" on March 21st at Hamilton Place Mall, Chattanooga, TN.  We will have quilters set up to be making quilts and talking about quilts on National Quilting Day.  There will also be a Clothesline Quilt Show on display.  A second event at Hamilton Place Mall will happen in September to promote AQS Quiltweek in Chattanooga.

I have two quilters' retreats planned for the year:  one in April and another in November.

I have already committed to doing two workshops; a trunk show with lecture; and another class for area guilds.

A client has asked for a commission quilt to be ready by summer.

All of these things are the way I "do business" to help support my love of quilting as my passion.

After I list all of those commitments then I can look at the projects for my personal pleasure.

The list is way too long to include all of the projects I have started.  I will focus on a few of them with some pictures here.  When these are completed I will show a few more.



I did this much on this little landscape piece several years ago.  It only needs to be quilted.





These are blocks for the Farmer's Market quilt that I started 3 years ago.





More blocks for Farmer's Market quilt.







This is my Hexie project that is all pieced by hand and is ready to be quilted.





A block from Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt Easy Street from 2012.  These blocks need to be put together and then quilted.




Improv Magic Numbers Quilt that was started a year ago.  I have 5 of the 9 blocks finished.  The others need to be quilted and then assembled in QAYG style.


I think this is enough to include here.  It would be nice for me to do a regular update of progress on these pieces.  Let's see if that happens!!!

I have a list of new projects for this year also!  

                            -sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment