http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Monday, January 12, 2015

JUST A LITTLE KNITTING

I have these bags and bags of scraps.  One of the bags had a lot of batiks that were strings that are too narrow for piecing but I couldn't throw them out.  What can I do with these?  Ooohhhh, maybe make a scarf??  Knit or Crochet?? 


So they have been sorted into color families and put into plastic bags.

I chose some Size 8 US needles and started by casting on 16 stitches.  I think I will just knit every row and see what happens.


Here is the pile of red/pinks.
So I have started here and I have been knitting for about 30 minutes and this is what I have.


Getting started was a little tedious with the thickness of the strings but as the piece grew it became easier.  

It became just too difficult to knit with this size needle so I took it apart and started over with a larger needle (Size 10 US).  This is much better!

Now I will continue to knit until I run out of strings.  I just like the act of knitting, I usually do not have a real pattern.  When this is finished I will decide what kind of project I will use it for.
Something about winter makes me want to pick up my knitting needles.  Wish I were talented enough to finish my socks or the sweater I started two winters ago....

                             -sandi





No comments:

Post a Comment