http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Thursday, February 14, 2013

VALENTINE'S DAY

Wall Hanging for all of my badges.
This is a snip and stitch technique that I did several years ago.  It is perfect for hanging all of this paraphernalia on in between meetings.
 
So, it's Valentine's Day and I am asking:

How do you love yourself?

The answers to how do I love myself is what this post is about.

So, how do I love myself?
 
I surround myself with wonderful people and beautiful things. I choose to enjoy the scenery around me.

Of course, these tulips are left over from last spring but I still think about how beautiful they were.
 
Of course, my hubby and my family are the most important people in the world to me. 
I am not sure what Papa is saying, but some of the family thought it was interesting.  Others needed to be checking on their "social life".  LOL

I could never leave out my precious companion and pet, LilBit.

Here she is helping me with my knitting.  She loves to sit on my lap and be in the middle of everything.
 
 
Another source of my happiness is being with my quilty buddies.

 
Linda and Carol are discussing how to quilt this cute little panel and pieced baby quilt.
 
Sandy's stacks of pieces for making her puppy dog baby quilt.
 
Suzan's guild is doing Pizza Box Exchange and Suzan is studying the fabrics and the pattern she chose.
 
Phyllis has the ribbon border on her 2012 BOM we did in Piecemakers Bee Group.
 We are a small group and we laugh and cry together as well as quilt and take road trips.
 
Another fun group I play with are the gals in Chattanooga Modern Quilt Guild.  This is a picture of the recent Madrona Road Challenge project that we all participated in.  These are some beautiful fabrics provided to us from Michael Miller Fabrics Company and we all took a random packet and made large blocks to put together. 
They look so serious in this picture.  I don't know how that happened.  They are usually laughing and sharing.
 
We had lots of wonderful Show and Tell too.
This is Melody Johnson's QAYG Log Cabin quilt with beautiful hand dyed fabrics as well as some commercial.  Check out more of Melody's work over at  http://www.fibermania.blogspot.com
 
 
Joan did this beautiful Owl in the Trees Monochromatic Piece.
 
 
Love Janet's "Tunnel Vision" sewing machine cover.
Ava's BOM Exchange Quilt using the "Ugly Fabric" that she is pointing to in this pic.
 
 
Gerri's version of a Jelly Roll Race.
Here are the samples of Gayle's Monthly Block Lottery Project that she has presented for us as an upcoming challenge.  I love these blocks.

 
So on this Valentine's Day, I am smiling at the great people who make my life "just loverly".

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day too!!!!


-sandi 
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Yes it is so wonderful to have quilting buddies. And we do laugh and have fun. Thanks for posting .

    ReplyDelete