http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Saturday, January 11, 2014

PORCH CHATTER: TRUE HAPPINESS

Silk Painting by artist Chris Sandow

Happiness, what is it?  For me a real sense of contentment.  Trying to analyze what makes me happy takes some effort because I often overlook the simple things that count the most.

Awaking in the morning to the sound of my beloved saying to my little Yorkie and me, "It's that time, girls" reminds me of how much I am appreciated, respected and loved.  Being awakened by a gentle, kind voice starts the day in a much more pleasant way than the sound of some mechanical tool.

Another simple thing that makes my heart smile is to hear the voice of one of my grandsons on the telephone.  Or, in the twenty-first century style, seeing a text from one of them.

Opening the post box and finding a card from my sister always touches me.  She is so thoughtful!

Getting a phone call from my daughter who is on her way home from work.  Chatting with my daughter/friend leaves me with a warm glow in my soul.

Yes, these are some of the things that make me happy!  Family is very important to me.

So, at this very moment --  I am indeed happy!

"Happiness is not a possession to be prized.  It is a quality of thought, a state of mind."  -Daphne du Maurier

Thankful for my simple moments of happiness!!!

-sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment