http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Sunday, March 2, 2014

PORCH CHATTER: THE PRESENT MOMENT




There are many paths that bring us to where we are at this present moment.  My paths have included joy, sorrow, pleasures, pain, and surprises along the way.

The path of motherhood has brought me a deep joy and profound gratitude for a precious bundle that arrived in my life.  The surprises and pleasures of watching a new little being evolve into a strong, mature adult with children of her own still makes my chest swell!  This path certainly changed (and continues to change) my life forever!!

Another path that has significantly changed my life was begun thirty-six years ago today.  I became a widow at a very young age.  The life lessons on this path were overwhelming at times and most comforting at other times.  Recognizing that each day is a gift has been the greatest life lesson I have taken from this.  Being grateful in the beauty of the moment. 

 I had to find solid footing again after the chaos of monumental change.  Trust did not come easily.  Knowing that I had to put my faith in a power that was so much greater than I became a comfort over the years.  This catastrophic event has molded me into a woman of strength; a woman of gratitude; a woman who is flexible, and can accept change with a minimum of angst.

The woman who was emerging from the ashes of a life (as she had known it) was becoming a woman with confidence.  This woman knew she was a survivor!  Gratitude slowly surfaced in this living day-by-day pattern.  Seeing beauty and joy even in the worst of times became the sunrises of each day.  Knowing there was a Comforter ever present became the sunsets.

Being content to live the moment brought me to another life-changing path to my present moment.

I was given another chance at sharing my journey with a life partner.  This newly emerging woman with confidence, strength, and determination was once again blessed by her Maker with a partner who accepted, respected, and loved her completely.  A man who was willing to help her become the woman she was designed to be.  A life mate who supports and shares her ambitions and her creativity.  The man who makes my life a joy everyday as this path of my journey continues . . .

Many paths have brought me here and there are still paths to follow.

"It is about coming to realize you are on a path whether you like it or not, namely the path that is your life."  -Jon Kabat-Zinn

I realize these are my paths and I am choosing to live each day on each path to the fullest!  My eyes are always open to find the new paths. . .





                            -sandi
 

2 comments:

  1. This is as wonderful a story as you are a person. I am blessed to call you friend and to know your creative side as my inspiration. Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by, Bren! You certainly are an inspiration to me!! @Brenda Creggar

      Delete