http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Sunday, April 7, 2013

MODERN BOM 2



I saw this BOM and it grabbed my interest.  It will be a sampler with  blocks that are 24" square and it lasts for only six months.  I thought that was very doable for me right now.  All I have to do is go to my stash and select the fabrics.  I liked the palette that Alyssa Lichner chose so I was going to do it in the same colors.


Okay, I have searched the stash and do not have everything I need to do this BOM so I have ordered a little bit of fabric to fill in the holes.  I ordered azure, khaki, and curry for the blocks and, of course, there was not enough charcoal so I ordered some of that too.  Well, so much for thinking I could reduce the stash.  I hope that fabric bundle gets here quickly.


The other thing I did today was replace the battery in my five-year-old car.  It was not much trouble but it did take some time.  I sat at Starbucks with an iced coffee and my hand quilting for about 45 minutes while they did the job.


This is the back so you can better see the stitches.

Next thing to do is sort out my other solids and try to put them into color families so I can get another Rainbow quilt started.  That will just about wrap up my weekend.

                                                     -sandi

 

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty hand stitching.....glad you got your car straightened out and the week will start off better. I also like the new bom......you keep going girl!

    ReplyDelete