http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

LEAP DAY

LEAP DAY!!  Well, it comes every four years.  I don't know anything that is particularly significant about Leap Day if it is not your birthday.  If it is your birthday, that would certainly cut down on the age thing, wouldn't it?
I decided Leap Day this year was a free day for me.  So, I am going to list some of my UFOs and WIPs and see if I can put a plan in motion toward getting some of them finished and out.

The first quilt on the list is a Dresden Plate made with 30s fabrics; followed by a Drunkard's Path in Batiks.  I also have 3 scrappy quilts going using Bonnie Hunter patterns as well as a small landscape picture that only needs quilting as does my fish collage piece.  Then there is the Ricky Tims' Convergence and "Tiny Town" a hand-applique project.  This is not a complete list, but it is enough to get me moving.

I have already started on completing some other "incompletes" by working on some small projects for the last two months.


I have a drawer full of "parts and pieces" left over from the days when I was teaching quilting classes all the time.  These were components that I used for demos for each step of a project. 

The first piece I did used several of the leftover components to make this "Whirly Gigs" sofa quilt.



 I made this little 12"x12" mat for a color challenge for one of my guilds.  Pink was the color and this was certainly pink.
I still had a few little pieces left over so I made a mug rug.

Thought you might like to see a "detail" of the quilting on "Whirly Gigs"

Maybe with this kind of accountability I will move forward to getting some things out of the way to make room for me to try some newer projects and ideas.



-sandi

1 comment:

  1. Wow they are great Sandi and you do have a list. I love the Dresden plate and always wanted to do one myself...you go girl!

    ReplyDelete