http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/

Friday, March 2, 2012

ANOTHER STORM AND NO POWER

The mister and I had just sat down to enjoy our Friday night special -- home made chili-- when the power went off.

We finished eating and then rounded up a couple of these
We chatted and visited while watching the flickering lamp light.  Finally, the mister says "I think I will take a little nap while I wait for the power to come back on".  So, I reply "That's okay with me, I think I will just sew a little".  That got the mister's attention.  The mister:  "How can you sew in the dark?"
   Me:  "I have plenty of lamp light."
The mister: "So,can you thread a needle with that light?"
   Me:  "Yes, I can.  Just watch me."

Well, he did not watch, he went to sleep.  I did thread a needle, twice as a matter of fact, and this is what I made during the power outage.
A quilter has to do what a quilter has to do.

-sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment